Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First Steaming

After many months and two jobs later, I finally assembled my Graham Industries TVR1A Steam engine. The crossheads were attached too tightly and it made the crosshead guides not fit correctly, if at all. After some grinding, I thought to myself, "Hey maybe I didn't put it together right. Sure enough after taking it apart and reassembling it I found the problem The crosshead guides were being screwed in too tight and this caused them to warp.

I steamed up my Maccsteam 3.5" marine boiler and gave it a very amateur steaming. The timing must be off, because the engine only ran for about 30 seconds on its own, although there could be many other things that are going on that I am not considering. I will check the timing tomorrow to make sure, and hopefully update more frequently now that I have settled down into my new job

No comments:

Post a Comment