Monday, September 21, 2009

Model Engines

I have always loved small model engines and model engineering. When I was 14 or so I bought a model R/C nitro powered buggy. I took it a part and put it back together hundreds of times and probably annoyed my neighbors with it more than anything else. Ok, maybe not the toys I have now, but this sounds like a bug.

What interested me most about it was the size of the engine and how well engineered they can be. I had fun with my nitro engine's and the accompanying trucks, but I wanted to actually build an engine that had more parts and was a little bit more intricate. I got into watching videos on Youtube featuring model steam engines. Once I got enough money to actually order one I decided on the Graham Industries TVR1A twin cylinder marine engine. It came well packaged and was difficult to assemble. It has over 175 parts and many of which are very very small. Here it is all assembled. I cant wait to be able to run it when my boiler comes shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment